Name: Naval Academy
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Concerning GLBT Equality:
The Navy’s Homosexual Policy.
- A member shall be separated from the Armed forces under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense if one or more of the following findings is made and approved in accordance with regulations:
- That the member has engaged in, attempted to engage in, or solicited another to engage in a homosexual act or acts unless there are further findings that the member has demonstrated that:
- Such conduct is a departure from the member’s usual and customary behavior.
- Such conduct, under circumstances is unlikely to reoccur.
- Such conduct was not accomplished by use of force, coercion, or intimidation.
- Under the particular circumstances of the case, the member’s continued presence in the Armed Forces is consistent with the interest of the Armed Forces in proper discipline, good order, and morale.
- The member does not have a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts.
- Investigation must be authorized by the Commanding Officer.
- Must be based on credible evidence. The fact that a service member reports being threatened or harassed because be or she is said or perceived to be a homosexual shall not by itself constitute credible information justifying the initiation of an investigation of the threatened or harassed service member.
This document can be downloaded as a PDF here.