Take The Pledge to Nonviolence — print and sign.
The Pledge to Nonviolence
Originally written by Martin Luther King, Jr.
Modified by Soulforce, Inc. 2003
- As I prepare for this direct action, I will meditate regularly on the life and teachings of Gandhi and King and other truth-seekers.
- I will remember that the nonviolent movement seeks justice and reconciliation-not victory.
- I will walk and talk in the manner of love and nonviolence.
- I will contemplate daily what I can do so that all can be free.
- I will sacrifice my own personal wishes that all might be free.
- I will observe with friend and foes the ordinary rules of courtesy.
- I will perform regular service for others and for the world.
- I will refrain from violence of fist, tongue, and heart.
- I will strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
- I will follow the directions of the squad leaders and other Soulforce leaders on our nonviolent direct actions.