February 22, 2005
Dear Soulforce Volunteers:
We’re only two months away from what promises to be an historic event. Together we will confront the dangerous antigay teachings of James Dobson and Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Here are just a couple of updates and reminders.
1. There is no longer a registration fee for this event. We want to make sure that everyone who wants to participate can do so. Although registration is not required, please encourage your friends to do so, as it help us plan for the event. All those who register will receive periodic updates like this one.
2. We have recently updated the schedule of events (and it is always subject to change). Go to www.soulforce.org/televangelists/dobson/2005action/index.shtml and click on “Tentative Working Schedule."
Plan to come Sunday, May 1 for the rally, picnic, nonviolence training, and concert. We hope you will arrive a day earlier (Saturday, April 30) and stay a day later (Monday, May 2), as other events are planned – including taking the truths about our families directly inside Focus on the Family, holding hands as we walk through their building, eating in their lunchroom, and speaking truth to their untruth.
3. As preparation for the direct action, we’d like to suggest that you review Step 1 of the Journey. It can be found at: https://soulforceactionarchives.org/main/step1.shtml
4. We now have confirmed the new hotel information. Some folks have had a bit of trouble booking their reservations, but we hope we’ve worked out the problems. We’re listed with them under Soulforce, Inc.
Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs
1810 Briargate Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Tel: (719) 598-6866
Fax: (719) 598-8846
For reservations call hotel or 1-877-STAY HGI or reserve online. Group name is Soulforce, Inc. Group rate is $54 per night. The hotel is located 22 miles from Colorado Springs Airport. From the airport take I-25 north to exit 151. The hotel is on the right.
5. For those of you who are not from the Colorado area, we’ve included some tips for adjusting to high altitudes. Go to: http://www.coloradospringstravel.com/travel.asp?pageid=17%7C57%7C113%7C152
This is going to be a fun, festive, and powerful occasion, so we hope you’ll bring the whole family. We’re planning all sorts of fun things for children, so spread the word!!!!
We look forward to doing justice with you in Colorado Springs and we will be back in touch soon with more information.
Co-Chair, Dobson Action